Forsyth County DUI: Probation Violation

Question: I think I violated my probation in Forsyth County. I got a DUI in Forsyth about 10 months ago and I went to court 4 months ago. I pled guilty because they had a breath test and I had an accident. But now I caught another DUI. This new DUI is not in Forsyth County. I'm worried about what my probation officer will do if she finds out that I received another DUI.

I got the new DUI about a week ago and the new one also involves an accident because I backed-up into another vehicle in a parking lot. I had been drinking and the cop could smell it on my breath and I was stumbling a bit.

I've heard that Forsyth probation can be really tough if you get another DUI. I'm not sure that they'll find out, but if they do I think I could lose my job. My friend had a DUI in Forsyth some years back and when he violated his probation it wasn't pretty.

What's the worst case scenario? What do you think will happen to me? I live in Cumming now.

Answer: At worst, the Forsyth County judge could revoke your probation and send you to jail for the duration of your sentence, which would be for 8 months since you wrote that you were sentenced 4 months ago. (I am assuming you were to serve 12 months on probation.)

You need to have your Forsyth DUI lawyer speak to your probation officer and try to minimize your punishments. The judge can revoke no time, or, in the judge's discretion, revoke all of the probation. The best case scenario, although unlikely, is that your PO (probation officer) does not file a violation of probation (VOP). You need to speak with an attorney who has good relationships with the probation officials.

About Us

When you need an experienced and knowledgeable Forsyth County DUI lawyer, we'll be there for you. Call us anytime at (678) 712-8561.

If you have a question for a DUI attorney in Cumming, email it to us with some supporting facts (the more facts, the better our response) and we'll do our best to address it on our blog.

Related Posts
  • Can I drink on DUI probation? Read More
  • Do I Have to Go to Court Before I Can Start My DUI Probation? Read More
  • Probation Violation: “I’m Going to Fail a Drug Test” Read More

Contact Our Offices

Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (678) 712-8561.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.